K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Lasting Lip Tint
Price: ¥1,200 (excluding tax).
Made in: Japan
Colours: Available in 4 colours
From left to Right:
Antique Apricot (01), Rich Rose Pink (02), Radiant Pink (03) & Noble Red (04).
What is K-Palette Lasting Lip Tint?
A long-lasting and moisturising lip tint that has a light feeling on the lips, that is not sticky or goopy. Lips are lightly stained with a rich pigment, but there is a semi-sheer gloss finish.
Faceted silver tube with lip gloss applicator wand. The lip gloss wand has a small, angled felt tip that allows for precise application.
What did I think?
For everyday wear I love an easy to wear lip gloss or sheer lipstick. It gives a slick of effortless colour and comfortable moisturised feeling to the lips. But reapplying throughout the day is my downfall, and I find myself, more often than not, reaching for me lip balm to refresh and add moisture to my lips.
Lip tint/stain is perfect for those, who like me, want a fresh pop of colour on the lips but not have to worry about checking and reapplying after drinking and eating. So when I saw the K-Palette Long Lasting Lip Tint at Ainz & Tulpe, I didn’t hesitate before purchasing. If you have been following my blog and Instagram, then you will know that I LOVE K-Palette eyeliner and eyebrow pencils. completely obsessed. As they have incredible staying power, so I was expecting great things from their lip tint longevity.
So let’s get down to it.
I love this product and have been wearing it quite regularly since I bought it. It is easy to wear both day and night as the effect is quite soft and pretty. Not too intense. Also, with dry lips this is a really moisturising products which doesn’t need to be followed by lip balm . It’s the perfect lip product to stash in your handbag if you feel like you need a little lift throughout the day.
But in terms of longevity…this is not stain. It is a tint. When you first apply you get a glossy slick of sheer, pigmented colour. However the gloss transfers quite easily, and you can see a transfer of colour onto your glass or cup. So in that sense, this product is not long wearing. You will get lip gloss marks on tissue, mugs, wine glass etc. But what is left behind on the lips is a very delicate tint…and you can build on this tint to create a really nice long-lasting colour base.
To get best results with the K-Palette Lasting Lip Tint, I have found I need about 2-3 applications throughout the day to get a really nice “natural” lip tint. I really like this effect ,as the red tint is quite obvious when first applied but the stain left behind is the perfect Snow White, rosebud lip stain. So natural and pretty.
If you are looking for a stronger lip colour then this is not your product. Japanese lip tint seem to differ from Korean lip tint in this way. Korean lip tints give a very bold, fashionable colour and the Japanese lip tint give a more subtle, pretty effect.
If you are looking for a moisturising, natural, easy to wear lip tint, then you will love this one from K-Palette.
- Thicker texture when compared to traditional watery lip tint/ stain making is easy to apply.
- The formula contains great moisturising ingredients, like shea butter, squalane and macadamia oil, so your lip always feel moisturised.
- Flattering, easy to wear sheer colour. A really modern look that is not too heavy.
- Longevity. As I mentioned above this is not a strong look lip stain, but you will find a really nice, natural stain on your lips that does last.
- Shine disappears quickly.
- You have to reapply more than once to have a colour stain on the lips.
How to use K Palette Lasting Lip Tint.
- Lightly exfoliate the lips and moisturise with a light lip balm. Nothing too heavy as the lip colour won’t adhere to the skin.
- Wait for the lip balm to fully absorb in the skin.
- If necessary blot any excess balm off the lips with a tissue. This is really important! As you don’t want all the colour to disappear.
- Apply the K-Palette lip colour to the lips using the wand.
- Wait 5-10 mins (don’t drink or eat anything!).
- Blot with a tissue to remove excess gloss.
- Reapply all over the lips.
- Try an minimise eating and drinking for about 10-15 mins again after application.
- Enjoy the gorgeous lip colour, but know that you will have to apply again at least one through out the day to pump up the colour again.
K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Lip Stain Ingredients
(01, 02, 03, 04) polybutene, ethylhexyl hydroxyvstearate, dextrin palmitate, squalane, macadamia nut fatty acid phytosteryl, dipentaerythrityl tripolyhydroxystearate, shea butter, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, dimethicone, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, (+/-) Titanium oxide, Al hydroxide, Synthesized fluoroglogopite, Iron oxide, Tin oxide, Mica, Silica, Red 201, Red 202, Red 223, Yellow 4.
Ingredient list courtesy of Cuore
Where can I buy K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Lip Stain?
Japanese drug stores