Hada Labo Gokujun Hyaluronic Lotion (¥830) is a highly moisturising lotion that contains a impressive blend of three types of hyaluronic acid to deeply moisturise the skin, leaving it gorgeously plump and dewy. Hada Labo has long been a cult Japanese skincare product because for the amazingly low price this product really delivers seriously great hydration, and it is readily available everywhere in Tokyo (even Natural Lawson!). If you are looking for great everyday moisturising lotion then you can’t get much better than this one from Hada Labo.
What does it do?
Gokujyun milk replenishes dry and dehydrated skin instantly, leaving it with a nice hydrated glow. It absorbs well into the skin so it doesn’t feel greasy.
The magic ingredient in Hada Labo Lotion is the combination of three types of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is produced naturally in our skin tissues, keeping skin soft, smooth and plump. Unfortunately, as we age production of hyaluronic acid slows, leading to dry, dehydrated skin that develops fine lines and wrinkles. As hyaluronic acid is a humectant (which means it can attract and hold water), use on your skin results in improved hydration, which equals soft, plump, dewy skin.
Key ingredients of Hada Labo Hyaluronic Acid
- Hyaluronic acid hydrolysis (nano hyaluronic acid).
- Acetyl hyaluronic acid (super hyaluronic acid).
- Hyaluroic acid Na.
- Colour, oil, alcohol and fragrance free.
How to use Hada Labo Hyaluronic Lotion
- Hada Labo lotion can be used both morning and night.
- Apply Hada Labo lotion immediately after cleaning skin. It works best when skin is still a little damp, as then the hyaluronic acid can bind to the water molecules and retain them in the deep skin layers.
- Place lotion in the palm of your hand and pat gently into the skin until absorbed. you can also apply with a cotton square and pat gently onto the skin.
- Follow with your usual skin care routine and apply your choice of essence, serum or just a cream / emulsion.
Handy tip: if you want to apply Hada Labo lotion but your skin is dry (for example when you haven’t just had a shower or on an airplane) you can spritz your face with a thermal water or hydrating spray first before applying lotion.
Where can you buy Hada Labo in Tokyo?
Japanese Drug Stores
Specialty Cosmetics Stores such as Ainz Tulpe in Harajuku