Shu Uemura Beauty Cleansing Oil
What is Shu Uemura cleansing oil?
A range of cleansing oils developed by Mr. Uemura while working as a top makeup artist in Hollywood during the 1950’s. The Shu Uemura cleansing oil was the original product in the brand’s range, launched in 1967. Today there are six variations of the cleansing oils, each formulated for different skin types and benefits. Shu Uemura is the best selling cleansing oil in Asia, with one sold every seven seconds (shuuemura.com).
The Shu Uemura cleansing oil current range:
- Ultime8 Sublime Beauty (contains 8 botanical oils for ultimate skin softness)
- High Performance Balancing (developed to easily remove heavy and waterproof make-up)
- Porefinist Anti-shine Fresh (suitable for oily and acne prone skin)
- Anti/Ox Skin Refining (anti-pollution and anti-aging formula),
- Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium (hydrating, gentle formula for dry and sensitive skin)
- Blanc Chroma Cleansing (added skin brightening ingredients and gentle exfoliation)
What does Shu Uemura cleansing oil do?
Effective one-step facial cleansing- effortlessly removing all traces of makeup and impurities from the skin. No double cleansing is required. She Uemura cleansing oil leaves the skin clean, soft, hydrated and with no oily residue.
Key ingredients in Shu Uemura cleansing oils
- Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil contains: olive oil (moisture) , jojoba (moisture and anti-inflammation), safflower oil (anti-aging), camellia oil (moisture, anti-oxidant) , ginger root extract (improves circulation) and shea butter (moisture, high levels of vitamin A and E).
- Porefinist Anti-shine Fresh Cleansing Oil contains: sakura extract (anti-inflammatory) , salicylic acid (gentle exfoliation), cherry extract (natural alpha hydroxy acid for exfoliation).
- High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil contains: camellia oil (moisture and anti-oxidant), ginger root extract (improves circulation), deep sea water.
- Anti/Oxi Skin Refining Cleansing Oil contains: ginko leaf extract (anti-oxidant and improves circulation), green tea extract (powerful anti-oxidant), moringa extract (deep cleansing property).
- Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium Cleansing Oil contains: deep sea water, jojoba (moisture and anti-inflammation) and avocado oil (anti-oxidant containing high amounts of Vitamin E).
- Blanc Chroma Cleansing Oil contains: clay extract (deep cleansing) and lipo HA (brightening property that exfoliates dead skin cells).
How to use Shu Uemura cleansing oil
- Place 3-4 pumps of the cleansing oil in your hands and rub gently between your palms to warm.
- Spread the warmed oil directly on to a dry face and massage gently. First the nose, then cheeks, chin, forehead, lips and eyes.
- Carefully work into the heavier makeup on lips and eyes in a circular motion.
- Wet your hands in lukewarm water and see the remaining oil turn to milk. Gently massage your face again with damp hands, emulsifying all of the cleansing oil into a milky consistency.
- Rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water, making sure to clean the entire face including the hairline.
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
Where to buy Shu Uemura in Tokyo
Shu Uemura Flagship Store- Omotesando Hills, Omotesando
Takashimaya- Shinjuku, Nihonbashi, Tamagawa, Tachikawa
Tokyu- Shibuya, Kichijoji
Seibu- Shibuya, Toki